
Wow ... Growing up I used to LOVE Popeye. LOVE him... I think Papa H might've like him as well. He had an undeniable heroic nature. What's more, Popeye was a sailor, a loner, talked to himself and fancied himself quite the scrapper. Yeah, Hemingway would've dug 'em.
As a lad, he was it for me. Dunno why exactly. Deep down, he seemed like a sweetheart of a guy. I'll go as far as to say I would eat green construction paper from time-to-time, pretending it was spinach.
But try to forget i just told you that. (blush...)
Anyway, check out the WWII-era B&W short of Popeye doing his thing for Uncle Sam.
Whew. How we've come a long way in so many respects. The video is not to most PC stuff to watch - so apologies if it offends anyone.
As a bonus ... This is just as bizarre.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
UMMM ... NOT THE MOST PC CARTOON
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
That Flintstones clip is crazy!
Post a Comment