
My buds at GEEKS OF DOOM posted this and I couldn't resist having The Lounge weigh in.
I'll be the first to admit that Iron Man ain't exactly my favorite hero. But the project is interesting to me, namely for the casting of Robert Downey, Jr. and the helming by Jon Favreau.
Downey is one of our best actors today and Favreau, well, is the brainchild behind "Swingers," one of my favorite films.
So, that said, I'll be giving "Iron Man" a gander or two.
After posting a pic last week (via USA Today), Entertainment Weekly is giving us a look at the hero's cybernetic Mark III suit.
Created by Oscar-winning F/X master Stan Winston, the red and gold armor is the spitting image of the comic-book counterpart.
As usual, though, the star wasn't exactly thrilled with donning the suit. “Robert was very bullish on wearing the suit whenever possible," Favreau says. "Now I don’t know if he’s such a fan of that idea.”
In the film, Downey stars as billionaire industrialist Tony Stark, who creates the high-tech armor to fight villains after suffering a life-threatening heart injury in war-torn Afghanistan.
The tentpole flick will also feature the Marvel superhero’s Mark I gray armor as well as the trademark red and gold suit.
Look for it in theaters May 2, 2008.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
FINAL 'IRON MAN' SUIT REVEALED (BEAUTIFUL)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
“Robert was very bullish on wearing the suit whenever possible," Favreau says. "Now I don’t know if he’s such a fan of that idea.”
Ha, I was Man-Thing in the Marvel Comics flick and even though the suit looked cool is was a pain to be wearing all day, it took an hour to put on after several weeks of practise. The suits are heavy, uncomfortable and HOT inside, not to mention I was waist deep in water for most of the flick and the suit absorbed a ton of water that I had to lug around as well - that said would I do it again - yes! But then I am not famous enough to get my choice of roles yet - something that Robert has the luxury of.
Man-Thing Blog Article
(Thought the link supporting my statement might add some credibility)
Post a Comment