Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

CAGE THANKFULLY DROPS OUT OF 'UNTOUCHABLES'


About a week or so ago, we waxed poetic on the insane notion that Nicolas Cage would star in "The Untouchables" prequel as none other than a young Al Capone. Young?? I'm choking up my java as I type this. If Nic Cage is young than I'm a zygote.

Well, thankfully, Variety reports that once helmer Brian De Palma shoots "The Untouchables: Capone Rising," it will be without Cage.

While the Oscar-winning thesp had been in negotiations to star in the follow-up, talks have ceased because of "scheduling issues."

Good.

We've said it before. Cage was ALL wrong for Capone. Read my earlier post why.

Last week, it was announced that Gerard Butler has joined the cast as Jimmy Malone, played by Sean Connery in the original. The studio was courting Sean Penn... Like he'd come 200 feet within this schlock-fest.

0 comments: