
OK, so he's kind of a hyperactive boner and all, but Hemingway's Lounge has to hand it to "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host Ty Pennington.
Over the weekend , Pennington was arrested for suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol. And, as all celebs do when they're pinched, he quickly released a statement:"I made an error in judgment. We all make mistakes, however this is about accountability. Under no circumstances should anyone consume alcohol while driving. I could have jeopardized the lives of others and I am grateful there was no accident or harm done to anyone. This was my wake-up call. I also want to apologize to my fans, ABC Television and my design team for my lapse in judgment and the embarrassment I have caused."
Sweet and simple. We love it. No mention of the obligatory, spa-like rehab. Nada. That's a good move. Ballsy even.
While The Lounge would never condone anyone to knowingly get into a vehicle and drive after they've belted the grape, he did what he did. Got caught. Apologized. Case closed.
Take it or leave it.
While he may or may-not have an alcohol problem is anyone's guess, but I commend the handyman in not going for the easy cure-all of an oasis-like detox.
Believe me, we'll all get over it soon enough and I'm sure he'll be yelling into the dopey megaphone in no time.
Monday, May 7, 2007
PENNINGTON GETS PINCHED - RELEASES STATEMENT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment