Greetings . . .
I'm bored. It's late.
And, no matter how I love it, I just can't bear to watch any more episodes of "COPS." A dude can watch only so many toothless wonders who beat their pregnant wives in trailer parks.
You see, these days, I'm feeling my age and need to do something constructive and creative with these aging brain cells. Enter the blog.
As I sit in my living room, dubbed Hemingway's Lounge for its kitschy African knick-knacks, overtly masculine furniture and dare I say, possibly gaudy decor, I'll attempt to enter this thing called The Blogospehere. The millions of trailblazing souls that are already here are truly inspiring and I hope to contribute as much as I possibly can.
I fancy myself a writer by trade and by passion. I've dabbled in the screenplay form, have authored short stories and currently trying to get a comic book off the ground. I've had the most luck, however, in journalism. I've been paid for my words in various national magazines and work as an editor at a Pulitzer Prize-winning daily newspaper.
Hopefully, my future posts will not be grandiose or pretentious in their language. The goal is to be simplistic, really. Let's think Minimalism. I'm of the belief that you can probably say more with less.
Like Raymond Carver, Charles Bukowski and of course, Papa Hemingway.
I don't think there's going to be a running theme in the posts - just me musing as I sip on some Jameson here in Hemingway's Lounge.
Let's see where this blog thing takes us.
-- Sneaky Tiki
Sunday, April 15, 2007
WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment