Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

THE ORIGINAL 'NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD' - HORROR PERFECTION

Being that this is Halloween week and all, I figured that I'd share one of my favorite horror flicks, "Night of the Living Dead." It's stark, creepy, black-and-white. Simple and effective, George A. Romero's classic stands the test of time. Watch and enjoy for yourself.

Here's the official plot synopsis: When unexpected radiation raises the dead, a microcosm of Average America has to battle flesh-eating zombies in George A. Romero's landmark cheapie horror film. Siblings Johnny (Russ Streiner) and Barbara (Judith O'Dea) whine and pout their way through a graveside visit in a small Pennsylvania town, but it all takes a turn for the worse when a zombie kills Johnny. Barbara flees to an isolated farmhouse where a group of people are already holed up. Bickering and panic ensue as the group tries to figure out how best to escape, while hoards of undead converge on the house; news reports reveal that fire wards them off, while a local sheriff-led posse discovers that if you "kill the brain, you kill the ghoul." After a night of immolation and parricide, one survivor is left in the house...



1 comments:

Keith said...

Great write-up on this film. I love it. It's definitely a classic that is timeless. I still enjoy watching it. I try to watch it pretty much at least once a year. It doesn't get much better than this.