Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

'TRUE BLOOD' OPENING - AWESOME!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a SUCKER for cool, kick-ass opening credits on TV. Yes, I'm simple. I come from an age where TV was the new frontier and Hollywood really put forth an effort in opening credits. You just don't see that anymore. Check out an earlier post with video for more.

Anyway ... HBO's new series "True Blood" is really really growing on me and its opening credits are the creepiest and best thing I've seen in a long time. And that SONG!! How cool. "Bad Things" by Jace Everett channels Johnny Cash, Leonard Cohen and Cris Isaak all at once...

Enjoy the credit sequence below. BTW, the song is gonna get in your head. Be warned.




2 comments:

Paul Bishop said...

Like you, I love a good TV opening sequence, and True Blood is a good one. I'm not sure yet if the rest of the show lives up to the tease.

Keith said...

I've always been a fan of a really cool opening sequence for a tv show. Many shows today don't even do one. I miss all those great ones from my youth. I could hum those songs for days. This is a pretty cool one. I like it a lot.