Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

YOU DON'T MESS WITH BATWIFE

The alleged confrontation between "The Dark Knight" star Christian Bale and his 61-year-old mother may have stemmed from a long-running family feud of Bale's wife, Sibi, according to a report in the British newspaper.

The Daily Mail reports the quarrel in a London hotel room on Sunday night on the eve of the movie's European premiere, led to Bale's arrest on Tuesday. He denies the assault allegation, and police released him after four hours without pressing charges except for a whole lotta bad press on what's potentially the biggest week of his career.

For the record, though, I must admit that this story sounded fishy from the get-go. Bale always seemed to be the kind of low-key guy that was never in trouble, constantly worked, had a stable marriage, and didn't party - so when I had heard the initial story, I felt that there was a layer to it that we all, perhaps, didn't know.

What's more, I also heard that in Britain, one can get arrested for verbal assault. Not sure how true that is but damn, if all the guy was doing was shouting... Sucks to be him right now.

Unfortunately, all people will think from here on out is that Christian Bale is the prick that assaulted his mom and sis. Sucks...



1 comments:

Keith said...

I agree. I thought it sounded fishy from the beginning. Plus I was hearing reports that you could be arrested for a verbal assault. Hope that never happens here. LOL I'd be under the jail. Bale has always seemed like a guy with his head on his shoulders. I found it hard to believe he's doing something really terrible like beating up his mom and sis.