
I've always admired Mark Millar. Not only does he seem like a heck of a guy to grab a beer with, but his work on Marvel's "The Ultimates" rivals almost anything by Frank Miller or Neil Gaiman. His writing is highly entertaining without coming off as pretentious. In any case, one of his comics, "WANTED," was recently made into a little action yarn starring an actress named other than Angelina Jolie. Yup... Flash-forward. It was the highest-grossing 'R' rated June opening ever. In any case, check out this great interview. Also check out his fabulous online forum at Millar World.
Scots comic writer Mark Millar is toast of Hollywood after Wanted
By Rick Fulton
Mark is the man behind the story of summer blockbuster Wanted, which hit cinemas last night.
And if Angelina and Scots star James help him to box office glory, Mark knows how he'll celebrate - take a day off and go to Ayr with wife Gill and daughter Emily, nine.
Laughing, the writing wizard, of Glasgow, said: "I can't drive so I won't be buying a flash car. We live in a nice house already and I dress the same as I did at university.
"There's actually nothing to spend it on. If things turn out well at the weekend I'll take Monday off and me and the family will go to Ayr for the day. But I'll be back at work on Tuesday morning."
Life couldn't be much better for Mark right now. Not only is he one of the best-selling comic book writers in the world, Wanted is the first in what could be a long line of film adaptations of his work.
Released in the UK and America yesterday, he knows that across the pond he won't get a No.1 movie as Pixar's latest animated movie, Wall-E, is also released this week.
To read the rest of the story, click HERE.
Monday, July 7, 2008
MARK MILLAR: THE BEST WRITER IN COMICS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment