Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

MY NEW RIDE... KUDOS TO GM

This time last week, I was bummed. The lease on my 05 Acura TSX is up and it's time to rethink what I'm driving. But, as sad as I am to say it, I have to say buh-bye to Acura. Why? I love the Acura, but jeez, every time Honda's upscale division redesigns a car, they seem to without fail outprice and outclass the niche it was meant for.

I've driven many cars in the past week or so and I have to say that the Saturn (YES SATURN!) AURA XR delivers in friggin' spades.

The Aura XR is the top-line Aura model. The XR is fitted with the 3.6 L DOHC V6 with VVT, rated at 252 hp at 6200 rpm (188 kW) and 251 lb·ft (340 N·m) of torque at 3100 rpm (340 Nm). This engine was first used in the Cadillac CTS and marks its second use in a North American GM car. With this 3.6 L engine, the Aura is the first front-wheel drive GM passenger car to use the new Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission. The transmission features TAPshift, which allows the driver to manually select gears by using paddles located behind the steering wheel. The Aura XR is the performance-oriented version with a taut, but not harsh, suspension and the more powerful engine. Available interior colors in the XR are tan and grey leather (available in the XE), along with the XR-specific black or Morocco Brown leather. Cloth is standard. Other standard features include the Advanced Audio Package, 18 inch alloy wheels, chrome exterior door handles, and remote vehicle start


The Aura won the North American Car of the Year prize for 2007. As a result, Saturn sent a copy of the award to select customers who bought an Aura before it was awarded. The Aura also won Canadian's Motoring Television's 2007 car of the year award, Motorweek's Driver's Choice for best new midsize sedan, and World of Wheels' Editor's choice for best family sedan

Check out these vids...





1 comments:

Adam said...

And it still fits a car seat in the back? Dang. I was hoping to sell you my minivan...

: )