
In November of 2007, MGM chief operating officer Rick Sands indicated that Sly Stallone was tentatively attached to write, direct and star in a remake of the 1974 film starring Charles Bronson. Stallone didn't confirm that he was proceeding with the film, but indicated to the web site IGN that he had an idea how to make the update relevant.
"I think Death Wish, if it were done today, would be volcanic," Stallone said. "The idea of Jeff Goldblum being a mugger who breaks into an apartment is very simplistic. It gives you an idea how bad the elevation of violence has become. I would focus on defense attorneys, I would focus on [the people] allowing this crap to happen -- not so much the guy on the street. It's like, 'Who permits it?'
To read the entire piece at IGN, click HERE.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
SLY TO REMAKE 'DEATH WISH'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment