Image via Wikipedia
It's closer than we think. A sequel to last summer's blockbuster, which began shooting a mere three weeks ago will open next May and takes place just six months after Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark revealed his identity as Iron Man.
Interestingly, the development is playing out with unexpected results, says director Jon Favreau. "How many superheroes are open about their true identities?" he asked in USA Today. "We wanted to play with that idea. But it obviously has consequences — in his relationships, on the team. There are a lot of areas we can explore."
Even though he's sending dispatches via Twitter (one of the few Hollywood directors to utilize the technology) from the set. He hopes to have all other details locked down. "It's never easy with summer movies, but we're trying to keep as much a surprise as possible," he says.
What exactly does THAT mean? Well, I'd guess we're getting no new dirt on replacing Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle, or how the crime-fighting team S.H.I.E.L.D. will ultimately come together. Or how he'll work in new characters. Among those signed on for this go-round are Mickey Rourke as Whiplash, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer.
Favreau also said that tackling the franchise a second time is easier because he knows the landscape. Something else would help, too: "I really enjoyed when we were a dark horse and no one knew much about us. ... I hope we can find that place again."








0 comments:
Post a Comment